LLAMA is accepting applications for associate editor of LL&M. The position requires a four-year commitment: two years as associate editor (2014-16) and two as editor (2016-18). The term will begin this fall with Volume 29.
Position Description: The role of the associate editor has varied over the years, and will be finalized in consultation with the editor based on the incumbent’s specific skills. The associate editor must attend the ALA Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference, with emphasis on attending LLAMA section and committee meetings. He or she also serves as an ex-officio member of the LLAMA Board of Directors and the LL&M Editorial Board.
- Experience with writing and publishing in a print or electronic environment and/or demonstrated editorial experience
- Familiarity with emerging technologies in publishing; experience with Open Journal Systems is a plus
- Interest in and knowledge of leadership issues relevant to libraries, and a familiarity with management and leadership literature in general
- Knowledge of LLAMA and its goals (see the Strategic Plan)
- LLAMA membership and some ALA experience
Compensation: An annual stipend of $1,750 is provided to defray travel and/or editorial expenses. Complimentary conference registration is also provided.
To apply, please send the following:
- A cover letter that addresses the requirements listed above and that summarizes your editorial philosophy
- Two to four samples of written work or editorial activities
- A current resume
- Two references
Documents should be emailed by May 1, 2014, to Kerry Ward, LLAMA Executive Director at email@example.com.
Applications will be confirmed via email and finalists will be interviewed at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas.LL&M, News, Publications