The Online Entry Form for the 2014 ALA/IIDA Library Interior Design Awards is now available. This biennial competition is co-sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA). The awards honor excellence in library interior design. Award winners demonstrate excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, function, and satisfaction of the client’s objectives. The competition is managed by the LLAMA Buildings and Equipment Section (BES) Interior Design Awards Committee. The deadline to submit an entry is March 28, 2014.
The winning projects are selected by a jury of design and library professionals. Winning designers and their library clients will be honored at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas, and published in American Libraries and Contract.
Any library interior design project, small or large, completed between October 1, 2011 and October 1, 2013 may be entered. In addition, one category honors a project currently in the design phase and not under construction. Each project may be entered in only one category. Award categories include the following:
• Public Libraries (30,000 sq. ft. and under)Public Libraries (Over 30,000 sq. ft.)
• Academic Libraries (30,000 sq. ft. and under)
• Academic Libraries (Over 30,000 sq. ft.)
• Special Libraries (30,000 sq. ft. and under)
• Special Libraries (Over 30,000 sq. ft.)
• Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
• “Single Space” Design (a small project focused on a specific room or area in a library)
• “On the Boards” (a project currently in the design phase and not under construction)
For questions or more information about the award, contact Fred Reuland, Program Officer at ALA/LLAMA/BES.2014 Annual, Awards, LLAMA Sections