If you have ever thought about how to create a leadership development training for your region or institution, LLAMAâ€™s new webinar may be what you need.Â The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present â€œCreating a Leadership Development Trainingâ€ on Wed., Nov. 20, from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. (Central time)
This webinar will present the process used to create the Virginia Library Leadership Academy, a biennial leadership development training program for library staff in Virginia sponsored by the Virginia Library Association.Â Participants will have a checklist of points to review should they wish to develop a training program in their region.
Who should attend: library staff interested in starting a leadership development training program; members of state library associations
By the end of this webinar participants will:
- know what points to consider if they wish to create their own leadership development training program
- have tools for determining how viable a program like this could be in their region
- what to consider regarding training format: face-to-face, webinar, combination
- how to determine the location for an on-site training
- how to select or hire training facilitators and consultants
- know what is involved in preparing the budget along with some suggestions for getting financial support
- Elizabeth Hensley is the founding chair of the Leadership Development Forum (LDF) of the Virginia Library Association.
- Nan Carmack is the Director of the Campbell County Virginia Public Library System.Â She is chair of the Leadership Development Forum and is a graduate of the Virginia Library Leadership Academy (VALLA).
- M. Â Teresa Doherty is the Head, Information Services at Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries.Â She is the coordinator for the Spring 2014 Virginia Library Leadership Academy and is a 2010 VALLA graduate.
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail: registration form (PDF, 1 pg.).
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. email@example.com
About the Library Leadership and Management Association
The Library Leadership and Management Association (www.ala.org/llama) advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. LLAMA is a division of the American Library Association.