There are a myriad of leadership styles that a potential leader can choose as a model for him or herself. The best leaders know how to find the right balance among them, but finding that balance can be a daunting challenge. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “It Worked for Steve Jobs But Will It Work For You: Finding Your Leadership Style” on Wed., Aug. 21 from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. (Central time). This webinar will expose participants to a range of leadership styles in order to identify what works best for an individual leader.
Presenter Steven J. Bell is associate university librarian for research and instructional services at Temple University, Philadelphia and was 2012-2013 President of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL).
Participants will gain:
- Exposure to multiple leadership styles in order to identify what works best for individual leaders;
- Studying the leadership styles of successful leaders in order to understand what may or may not work for us;
- Learn about the “mastery of opposites” in order to have a strategy for achieving a balanced leadership style;
- Increase confidence about leadership styles in order to adopt them as needed to achieve effective leadership;
- Reflect on the leader’s need to occasionally adopt a style that is not native to him or her in order to understand how that impacts on the importance of being authentic as a leader
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail: registration form (PDF, 1 pg.).
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore posts in the same categories: ALA Updates, Continuing Education, Education, Leadership, LLAMA Leadership, LLAMA Updates, Management, News, Uncategorized comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.